'99 fiesta - very wet - Mr T J Smith
Hi,

A friend has a '99 fiesta and is having problems with water ingress to the cabin. The front footwells are filling with water during heavy rainfalls.

I have reason to suspect a problem with a bulkhead seal, but before embarking on the painful task of tracking a hole down, I'd be interested to know of any common troublesome areas.

And yes I know it's a ford, etc... so please only constructive comments.

Thanks,

Mr Smith.
'99 fiesta - very wet - shaun
Does it have a sun roof? I had a citroen saxo which had the same problem. The sunroof seal had warped so when it was raining water would flow along the roof lining,down the door pillar and into the footwells.
'99 fiesta - very wet - cabsmanuk
1 try a site search using 'fiesta questions'. There is a lot of info on this thread

2 Is the Fiesta in the Doncaster area? If so I think I may be the owners uncle!

Chris

'99 fiesta - very wet - madf
Read this thread and look at the pics
www.fiestaforum.co.uk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3027
madf
'99 fiesta - very wet - Phil P
I had a similar problem with my '96 Fiesta, which was eventually traced (after the usual leaky sunroof suggestions etc) to damaged door membranes, which I put down to some cowboy car-speaker installers. Soon as they were patched up by a Ford garage at reasonable expense the carpets dried out (much to my relief)!

Funnily enough though in the same Fiesta a while later the A/C started dripping water on the carpets whilst in use on a very hot day, luckily though it was just as I was looking to part-ex it on my next car...

Hope this helps, I know how infurating it can be to constantly find mystery puddles of water sloshing around your feet!
'99 fiesta - very wet - pmh
Chance are that it is the large rubber grommit thro the horizontal section of the bulk head that has become distorted or unseated. Well known problem.

Get it completely dry first, remove all damp carpets etc.Then with help of mirrors, sealant gun and the best part of a tube of silcone sealant and some luck problem solved.

PS it is only dificult because you cannot see what you are doing whilst you are doing it!

pmh (was peter)
'99 fiesta - very wet - Dudley
The roof drains down to the cill but this has to drain out of slots on the downside formed between the inner and out parts of the cill panels. If you drive along country lanes, these slots can fill with mud and block up. The cill get full of rainwater from the roof and then overfoows into the car, hence a wet floor.

The other rain entry I've experienced is from the plate in the bulkhead (I'm not going to get this description right!) which is under the drain slots where the wipers sit. This collects water off the windscreen and lets it out via slots to drain down the bulkhead behind the engine. But there's a horizontal plate that has been know to leak. It's at a location equivalent to under the wiper motor but on the nearside of the car. I used silicone to solve this one.