Honda Civic - Buying 2nd hand - worth waiting for new reg? - Jonesy127

I am after buying a second hand car soon, namely a 2005(ish) Honda Civic Type S - although I haven't found one yet.

Am I likely to either get more for my money, or have more choice in cars, by waiting for the new registration mark in September? Just wondering if dealers wil lower prices of older cars, or will have new motors in that have been part-exchanged for a brand new model?

Honda Civic - Buying 2nd hand - worth waiting for new reg? - Avant

I don't think it'll make that much difference given that you're looking at a car about 5 years old. My wife had a Type S and it was a good car: plenty of performance from a 2.0 litre engine in a car designed for a 1.4 or 1.6, and particularly good legroom in the back. The only downside I can remember was that because it had fatter tyres than the basic model, the turning circle was very poor.

Re your other thread - the audio system was perfectly OK: I can't remember anything particularly good or bad about it.

As always, buying one from a dealer will cost you more but you have more protection under the Sale of Goods Act than if you buy privately.