Octavia courtesy light switch - Dave_TD
Something's finally stopped working on the Skoda!!! Tonight the courtesy light switch on the driver's door ceased to switch. All the other doors work the interior lights correctly, they come on when you unlock the car and go off when you lock it, so it must be the switch operated by the driver's door. However, I can't find the switch, it's not in the hinge panel, nor near the door catch, and it doesn't feel like it's inside the big concertina trunking for the wiring loom to the door. Does anyone know if it's inside the door latch itself? (In a similar way to Vauxhall deadlock connections?) I assume it's either seized or gunked up, is it a case of pulling the door to bits and giving it some WD40? Any Skoda/VW people who've seen this before please?
I wouldn't mind pulling the trim off, I need to fix the crack where I've put my elbow through it... :o)
Octavia courtesy light switch - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
That's weird, Dave. Same problem, different car, tonight as well. Spooky.

I blame global warming..............
Octavia courtesy light switch - Dave_TD
Seeing as it's been raining rather a lot, I think you might be on to something there! Think I'll ring the dealer in the morning.
If it's a defective switch I can get it done under warranty! :-) Not bad on a 120,000 mile car.