Nissan Micra K12 - No Brakes !! - chakota

Hi All on this forum ....
Can anyone out there help me with a problem on my daughters 04' Micra . She is still a learner and last Sunday evening i was with her . She slowed down for traffic lights and lo and behold no brakes. She went into back of car in front , not much damage but i limped the 2 mile journey home with some braking. We got the car checked out and the brakes are back to normal again. No fluid loss or leakage could be found , rear wheel cylinders are bone dry. They put it on rolling road and perfect. Because of what happened and no fault being found my daughter is reluctant to use the car. Has anyone any idea as to what could have caused the failure in the first place. Its a dilemna for me as i dont know where to turn next.

Many thanks to anyone who could help .

Edited by chakota on 25/05/2010 at 17:45

Nissan Micra K12 - No Brakes !! - Peter.N.

The only possibility I can think of is that if it had been hammered the fluid had boiled. When you say you had some braking driving it home, how did the brakes feel, did the pedal go to the floor or was it hard but not working?

Thank you for replying, When you pump them they seem to get better , then they worked as they should do and have been since. weird and worrying . could it be air in the system or perhaps faulty master cylinder.

Nissan Micra K12 - No Brakes !! - mickyh7

My best advice would be to take to a good Garage and have the brake fluid changed,and a full brake service.

Then the onus is on them !

Personally, I wouldnt let any of my family use it until then.

Yes i quite agree ... i shall have the master cylinder replaced and new brake fluid put in

Many thanks all .........

Nissan Micra K12 - No Brakes !! - piston power

Brake fluid from new is recomended to be changed at 2 years so yours probably is overdue, a simple flush may do the trick.