Yaris advice - SteveH42
I've recently bought a Yaris 1.0 GLS, but it didn't come with a handbook, so I was wondering if someone could advise me a good place to obtain one from, or at least give me a brief run-down on basic things.

I'm mainly interested in:
What the tyre pressures are.
How the double-locking works.
What the temperature indication means.
Anything else I really need to know.

Also, I realised after I got it home that it didn't have an aerial. Is this something I can complain to the dealer about, or should I have noticed it before I bought it? And how much will it cost to get one, and from where?

TIA!
Yaris advice - keithb
Did you buy this from a UK dealer or Trade Sales - Slough ? A Toyota dealer will be able to order a handbook or may have one in stock.
Yaris advice - SteveH42
The local Toyota dealer, Culvers Denton.
Yaris advice - keithb
That was quick! Have you been back to the dealer? The handbook is part of the car and he's duty bound to supply one. Any problems I would escalate to Toyota customer care. Ditto for the aerial - but are you saying that you have a radio fitted but can't pick up any stations as there's no aerial?
Yaris advice - SteveH42
I've not contacted them yet, but am going to as soon as I get the chance.

There is the 'stub' the aerial screws in to (I assume it does anyway!) but no aerial. I can get radio reception, but it has a tendency to skip between mono and stereo which is rather annoying, especially as you can't lock it in either mode.
Yaris advice - lezer
Not only but also Steve
There is a recall on yaris, something to do with when you want to stop ,I think.
I expect you already knew that!!
Yaris advice - Blue {P}
So the car is new?

They MUST supply you with an aerial, it's part of the car. Methinks that this hasn't been PDI'd.

BTW, my Fiesta came from TS and they do supply both an aerial and operating manual.
Yaris advice - SteveH42
Nope, it's 2nd hand on a W plate. Not aware of any recalls either - must check when I phone them. Thanks.
Yaris advice - SteveH42
Not sure on the difference between trade and retail price. I paid the screen price minus (a very generous) trade-in for my old vehicle. I don't know if it makes any difference, but the figures on the paperwork were different from what we agreed - I was told this was for their accounts. (Screen price was £7k with a trade-in of £1700, figures they put on paper were £6500 with a £1200 trade-in)
Yaris advice - hispecgolfs
(Screen price
was £7k with a trade-in of £1700, figures they put on
paper were £6500 with a £1200 trade-in)

Sounds like a dodgy dealer dodging the tax man!>> Not sure on the difference between trade and retail price. I

Regards

Andrew

www.hispecgolfs.co.uk
Yaris advice - DoddMan
I don't know whether this is legal or not but it happened to me when I bought my car. The dealer agreed to give me a £1000 minimum trade-in for my car but on the order form he put the trade-in down as just £200 and knocked the difference off the asking price. His explanation was that this was because he couldn't offer more than the market price for the car.
Yaris advice - keithb
>>BTW, my Fiesta came from TS and they do supply both an aerial and operating manual.

But not always in English! e.g. Italian in a Fiat
Yaris advice - pd

What the tyre pressures are: There's usually a sticker either inside the fuel filler cap or inside one of the door sills.

How the double-locking works: Press it once to lock, press again to deadlock.

What the temperature indication means: Blue = cold, no light = normal operating range, red = overheating.

Anything else I really need to know: If you've bought it as a retail car the dealer should supply what you ask for.
Yaris advice - Ian Cook
If the car has a "stub" that the arial screws into then I assume it has a roof mounted arial in the middle. These regularly get pinched. It's probable that the car originally had one but that some twerp took a shine to it on the way home from the pub. It'll probably cost you about £6 - £8 for a replacement.

Ian Cook