Fiat-Alfa plans - PR {P}

Fiat launched their 5 year plan today with a raft of new models for Alfa, which is a relief as tthere was talk of them winding the brand down.

The 159 will be replaced in 2012 with the "Giulia", based on an enlarged Giulietta platform (FWD or 4WD)

The Brera and Spider to be stopped, as will the GT.

New Spider due 2013 (IIRC) built with Chrysler

5 door Mito due.

Chrylser to build chassis for Q5/Q7 SUV competitior with bodywork designed by Alfa.

Also announced Maserati to make an M5 equivalent coming in at 50,000euro.

If these are as good as the new Giulietta (which is receiving good reviews so far, which for an Alfa means it must be excellent!) then these are exciting times.....

Edited by PR {P} on 21/04/2010 at 22:27

Fiat-Alfa plans - Sofa Spud

The Alfa Romeo Mito has bizarre, slightly Zagato-esque styling which must have put a lot of people off, and they're repeated that look with the new Giulietta. The offset number plate that's been a styling feature since the 159 might be fine for Italian cars, with small front number plates, but it looks decidedly awkward with larger plates like British ones.

Fiat-Alfa plans - PR {P}

The MiTo has grown on me from when I first saw pictures of it. I think out on the open road they look very nice.

The Giulietta suits the front much more (wait until you see one in the flesh), they really look better in the metal.

As for the offset number plate, I quite like it, though I suppose that is subjective, though it was "reintroduced" on the 156 ;)