Nissan Micra 1996 1.3 - Nissan Micra Error codes 141 and 143?!?!? - trumph

Hi Guys.

My wifes Nissan has had a intermittent problem that now seems permanent.

The engine light flashes, the engine starts, runs for a few seconds, then cuts out.

I did the self diagnostic thing and the ECU gave me error codes 141 & 143 (14 long and 1/3 short flashes).... I can't find anywhere that lists what these codes are.

Following other advise, I've cleaned the fuses and relays, checked the air filter and made sure all the fluids are topped up. I'll probably do the throttle body resolder as well, but wondered if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers Gary

Nissan Micra 1996 1.3 - Nissan Micra Error codes 141 and 143?!?!? - mickyh7

143 is Throttle body Sensor.

I think 140 will be the Lambda Sensor (o2 sensor).

My wifes micra needed the later,really easy,right in front of you on the manifold replaced from a sc***yard.Nissan Deallers will want big £££££ for a new one.

Also these cars suffer from 'Dry Solder' in the throttle body-east fix if you google for it.

Makes a huge difference to the smoothness of the car !

Good Luck.

Nissan Micra 1996 1.3 - Nissan Micra Error codes 141 and 143?!?!? - trumph

Thanks for that, I will do the throttle body resolder I think it does need to be checked, but I cured the problem.

Under the fuse box somebody had added 2 extra fuses, which where fine, but they where linked to what looked like red plug sockets with a dust cap, I pulled it all out took off a dust cap and it was another fuse, which was caked in rust and muck, so cleaned it up along with the other one and, the car started and the error light went out.

It looks as if somebody has revamped a few of the fuses, probably due to corrosion, and it was just time to clean it again.

Gary

Nissan Micra 1996 1.3 - Nissan Micra Error codes 141 and 143?!?!? - mickyh7

Nice one ! Saved yourself a small fortune I would think.

All the best.