nissan primer p11 144 - revving problem - Dai30

hi, i have a nissan primera 2l 16v se+ 1999, the other week the engine management light came on but the car run fine, so the other day i had it put on a computer to find out what was wrong, it came back with bank 1 lambda sensor down (was told this was the 1 on the top of the manifold) so drivin around yest to see if i could find 1, as i was driving around it started playing up and wouldnt rev over 4k rpm and was abit spluttery, then it dropped down to 2k rpm and struggled to get up over a small bridge, i managed to get the car home and today i brought a universal 3 wire lambda sensor and fitted it, but the engine management light still on and it still not running right, i started the car and it ticked over on around the 1k rpm but when reved spluttered up to around 2k and then dropped just below 1k rpm and was verry spluttery

thanks

dave

Moved to technical

Edited by WellKnownSid on 14/04/2010 at 18:53

nissan primer p11 144 - revving problem - primeradriver

Some of the universal lambda sensors are of very poor quality. You didn't get one from ebay did you?

no did look at them but didnt bother, i got it from local motorfactors, few people have said maybe air flow meter.

i tryed the car without the airflo meter on at all and it seamed to give the car the same sort of problem but made the car cut out altogether

thanks for replying =)

still not runnin =(