Skoda Yeti SUV - 2004 Xtrail replacement - uptodat

I'm looking to change my much loved old Xtrail and like the look, ride, performance and all the gadgets on the new one - Tekna. However I no longer really need all the space, and am put off by the high VED rating and relatively poor mpg, but attracted by a 0% finance deal. I have tried a Yeti, 140 hp awd diesel and was quite impressed though the ride was alot firmer than I'm used to. It's low co2, good mpg, low insurance are all attractive. I would like to compare the 170 engine but dealers mainly seem to have 110 hp diesel, some 2wd versions. Has anyone been able to compare the 140 and 170 engines. How do they get so much more out of the same lump with no fuel penalty? Is it worth the extra? Why is the insurance grouping so low?

Reccommendations Xtrail / Yeti?

Skoda Yeti SUV - 2004 Xtrail replacement - Avant

Yetis are cheap at the bottom end of the range (and one magazine says the 1.2 is their favourite) and expensive at the top end - but according to What Car's tables they hold their value a bit better than an X-Trail (Yeti 2.0 41 % after 3 years, X-Trail 34 %).

The 170 TD is a lovely engine - I have it in my Octavia. I haven't tried a common-rail 140 but I shouldn't think there's a huge difference in normal everyday driving.

The Nissan Qashqai is more of a competitor to the Yeti than the X-Trail, so it might be worth looking at this, especially if you get a better PX deal against another Nissan.

Edited by Avant on 06/04/2010 at 21:46

Skoda Yeti SUV - 2004 Xtrail replacement - Alby Back

I'd think a Yeti would be a good car too. Well worth a look. I'd also encourage you to check out the Qashqai. I've got a 2.0 Tekna diesel auto. I find it really very good. Ironically I was sort of thinking of an X-trail next time or even a Pathfinder as I often do need a greater loadspace than the Qashqai offers. Appropos of nothing I wonder if it's two Yetis or two Yetii or Yeten or.........?

:-)

Skoda Yeti SUV - 2004 Xtrail replacement - Avant

There was only one Abominable Snowman, so, Humph, the field is free for you to invent a plural!

Skoda Yeti SUV - 2004 Xtrail replacement - loskie

What about an Octavia Scout 4x4. Skoda have a so called VAT free offer on just now plus 0% finance. Also less demand than the Yeti, quicker build time and in my eyes far better VFM. 140bhp Tdi should be around £18.5k. Do try out the Skoda seats though not all (me included) find them comfy. Only reason I bought V50 instead of Octavia Scout.

Skoda Yeti SUV - 2004 Xtrail replacement - uptodat

Still deliberating. PX offer on Xtrail increased by Nissan to make even more attractive deal on new Xtrail but have to decide fast to take advantage. Can't find a Yeti 170 to try. I had overlooked Octavia 4x4 but now recognize VFM possibility. Decisions, decisions...