Ford Cougar v6 - air con and noise - martinbookie

hi all, just filled up a/con with gas at kwik fit, but air still no cooler so did'nt have to pay, but they did say your pump is working as it is going in and out (whatever that meens) there is a fast ticking sound from the engine on tick over and low revs but when you put your foot down a bit, you cannot hear it, the sound comes from the o/s around the belt area and only lasts for 30 secs or so, on and off, could this be the same problem.............any ideas what i can try?

thank you

Ford Cougar v6 - air con and noise - elekie&a/c doctor

Very difficult to give a more accurate diagnosis without inspecting the car and taking readings of the high and low gas pressure circuits.Couple of simple things to check.When a/c is switched on ,the cooling fans should be running slow speed.Also if you can identify the 2 a/c pipes that run along the rear of the engine bay ,one should be warm and the other cold.Did Kwik fit do a full evacuation and regas or just a top -up?The ticking noise may be a problem with the poly v drive belt.hth

Ford Cougar v6 - air con and noise - martinbookie

thanks for quick reply, just been out to car. you can here the pump going in and out, and the noise got a lot better when i switched air con on,not really a ticking more of a jurddering noise, something to do with the belt though..... kwik fit just did a top up, he gave me some blokes card to ring up, that deals with air con, he can't come out till 10 days going on long journey tuesday, so just wondered if there is anything i can do, car just been serviced by ford with previous owner they said car and engine was good?