FIAT Doblo - To Doblo or not to Doblo? - johnnyrev

I have an 08 Doblo 1.3 multijet but am having problems with the DPF, mainly because I do lots of short journeys. Otherwise it is great!

Should I trade in for a new petrol Doblo whilst my current one has some value or stick with my 1.3 diesel?

Tempted by 0% finance and put off my diesel in the long term as planned to keep it for few years.

FIAT Doblo - To Doblo or not to Doblo? - WellKnownSid

Is this the all new 2010 version you're looking at or the 2009 one?

I am looking at the new one, the old 1.4 petrol seemed a bit underpowered, whilst the new one is slightly upgraded.

FIAT Doblo - To Doblo or not to Doblo? - HJ Editor

We drove the new one last week. It's a significant improvement on the last one (it's based on the Punto Evo now) in just about every respect: http://bit.ly/bmJFTe

FIAT Doblo - To Doblo or not to Doblo? - WellKnownSid

I would say go for it. The HJ review is pretty positive, by all accounts it's a better car, and if you're already experiencing DPF issues then you've probably got more problems to come.

I was looking at getting the 2009 Doblo before Christmas (but bought my weekend car instead!). They were selling them off in Spain for 10.5 euros net of scrappage from an eye watering 16k - for the base 1.3 multijet which doesn't have a DPF here, or even a turbo!

Would have been a bit underpowered I grant you (0-100 = 16s) - but without a DPF or turbo would probably have gone on forever and ever with just regular oil changes ;)

FIAT Doblo - To Doblo or not to Doblo? - tinoasprilla

hello johnnyrev,

just wanted to know what you decided, I'm in exactly the same situation as you, bought a 1.3 multi jet from new in august last year had the clogged filter light go on about feb got told to blast it by fiat, then in april the change oil message came, after much discussion with fiat they regenarated the DPF and changed the oil for free, now only last week clogged filter light comes on again, fiat says they will regenarate the dpf and update the software which will solve the probs. But i just dont trust the diesel engine now and was seriously thinking about just doing a swap for a petrol doblo now. but can't affrd to get the 2010 model so it would be an 08 or 09.

FIAT Doblo - To Doblo or not to Doblo? - oilrag

Here is a write up I did recently on our 2002 Doblo JTD.

We bought a Punto van with the pre DPF 1.3 Multijet after that in 2005 and it`s been flawless apart from a door check strap and a tailgate lock that was not fitted properly..

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=84240

I would go for petrol. I discussed new (DPF) diesels for short trips with our Fiat dealer recently and was warned off buying any of them! Hence our new other car is a petrol Panda.

I`m going to hang on long term to the pre DPF van just in case technology improves and diesels become viable for short trips again.

Good luck with your choices

I decided in the end to go for the new Doblo. I've ordered a 1.4 petrol eleganza in burgundy with 0% finance. I had to tell the salesman that 0% was being offered on the Fiat website because he wasnt about to offer it!

Got a deal tho, 6k for ours and 13k for the new one, which seemed reasonable for a brand new model. Am now awaiting delivery, last time I spoke to the dealer he said delivery would be the second week in May, so I am still waiting...

Ironically I have had no DPF problems recently...