Passed the Mot again - veryoldbear

Well the old Saab 95 estate 2.2 tiD just passed its Mot again at 150,000 miles. i wonder how long i can keep it going for ?

Passed the Mot again - billy25

>>i wonder how long i can keep it going for ?<<

if you could use the garage i once used (now no longer trading) about three years ago, i would say indefinitely! - left car for M. o t , picked it up at tea time, complete with all new paperwork, passed with no probs!! - only thing, it had never been moved from where i left it ! i know this because i nearly dropped the keys down a drain when i locked it, and i noticed the tyre valves were in exactly the same spot!. coincidence? me thinks not!

i've been using my small independent for about twelve years and they do exactly what i want. they're darn good and i must remember to put them on the recommended list.

Passed the Mot again - Avant

That sounds like a pre-GM Saab! old Saabs tend to last as long as old Volvos, so you could have several more years out of it.

A friend has a 1980 Volvo 245 which he's had for 28 out of its 30 years - still going strong, and the grandchildren go in the kiddy seats at the back where once his children went.

Edited by Avant on 23/03/2010 at 22:20

hurrah for bangernomics i say !