Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Diesel Estate (2007) - Dual Mass Flywheel strife '07 Ford Mondeo Estates? - mackieb

I'm considering buying a second hand Ford Mondeo Estate 2.0TDCi from 2007 with around 80,000 miles on the clock. Reading up about it it seems some people have been running into dualmass flywheel and clutch failures around the 80-100K mark, with a hefty £1000+ bill.

Can anyone tell me if this is a common failure for the later 2000-07 Mondeo Estates or was it more on the earlier cars in the 2000-07 range? Hoping the latter obviously. If I buy this car should I expect a flywheel and clutch failure in the near enough future?

also can anyone confirm this car's got a camchain not a cambelt?

thanks!!

Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Diesel Estate (2007) - Dual Mass Flywheel strife '07 Ford Mondeo Estates? - Chad.R

The TDCI has a chain so no worries there....

The DMF "failing" is not classed as a failure as such, more a wear and tear item - like the clutch. So it's when will it fail, rather than whether it will fail. all Mk3 TDCIs are similarly affected I believe.....

around 100k seems to be the average, mine went at 125k, I've heard of them go in cars at 50k and also at 150k. Really depends on how the car has been used I presume.

Sorry, no straightforward answers there I'm afraid.

Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Diesel Estate (2007) - Dual Mass Flywheel strife '07 Ford Mondeo Estates? - mackieb

Ok thanks, that actually helps a lot!