Mazda 6 SL 2008+ - Mazda 6 Handbook - Should be amended/revised - Med

Hey all, glad to see honest john is back on it's feet!

I need to ask the question of whom thinks the handbook should be changed for the following reason.

DPF - I am sure a lot of you know of the problems the DPF system has caused us all?

Does it mention anywhere in the handbook that if a DPF regeneration is not carried out what are the consequences? Apart from the simple 'Engine Malfunction'

Does it mention if you do not check the oil levels and they rise up too high that it will cause an engine over-run like what happened to me? Nope....

Does it mention how to stop a car when the car acellerates out of control and what to do in that situation? Nope....

I don't get it, if it's so important for Mazda to put a sticker in the engine compartment to warn you of the levels then why is the above not in there?

Many of us have had this happen with no DPF warning light, or that is will suddenly come on flashing even though the DPF has been regenerating. And a lot of us check out oils every week as it says in the handbook. When i asked Mazda UK about checking oil levels, i mentoned so if in one week i were to do 1,500 miles which is surley possible how often would i have to pull over onto the hard shoulder to check my oil levels... they could not give me an answer.

A weekly check does not make sense if the oil levels were to rise so fast, it should really be check your oil levels every i.e...... 500 miles or so. that should also be in the handbook.

Of course, i am open to critisism and arguments on this topic, but with my court case going on and on with mazda until i prove my point i am interested in what you all think.

Thanks!

Mazda 6 Diesel: can we help eachother? - velocityblade

Med

you may have seen my other entry under Nitrox's thread. I think there is a chance we could all work together here. Would you be prepared to ask your legal people if it would help your case if as many of us who have had simlar problems got together and added our weight to your argument? A Class Action of sorts.
I'd be more than happy to help out and I have a pretty good log of all my problems and Mazda's responses (or lack of)