9 points all in one go ? - 1400ted

Going to Yorkshire on Saturday morning, we were on the M60 at it's busiest point, the Worsley Interchange.
We were in the Note doing about 65 in the middle with a stream of traffic, passing a slower stream which was letting other cars in from 2 slip roads close together.
Busy as usual, everyone jockeying to get in the proper lane together with cars trying to cross the two ' on ' slips to get off at the next ' off ' , a couple of hundred yards up.

We were overtaken in the overtaking lane by a small truck, the next size up to a Transit type. About a 3 tonner, He must have been doing about 80. That wasn't all, he was towing a 4 wheel trailer...the type you'd carry a small excavator on ! It didn't look happy, bouncing up and down! No police around, of course. Do these people know the law or do they just blunder dangerously along without a clue as to what they're doing ?
Or just don't they care ?
I once had a small van pass me on this busy section, weaving about a bit, with the driver swigging away at a bottle of what looked like Scotch......no mobiles in those days, the best you could do was hope to come across a patrol car on one of it's ' perches '.

Here endeth the rant !

Ted
9 points all in one go ? - Rattle
I have a customer who got 9 points from those cameras on Edge Lane! I simply cannot understand it. They are great big yellow things with markings on the road.

I was down the A56 in Sale the other day and I could not believe all the traffic flowing at 40mp (30mph limit) and they all seemed to slam their brakes on as they saw the cameras. On roads like this average speed cameras would be so much better.

I don't think there are any cameras on the M60 are there so I think that luton drive will probably get a away with it :(.

9 points all in one go ? - grumpyscot
>> That wasn't all he was towing a 4 wheel trailer...the type you'd carry a small
excavator on !

And only last week, the press (and the BBC1 TV prog) carried items about plant equipment being stolen. Possible?

9 points all in one go ? - 1400ted
That occurred to me as well, GS.
Plenty of Caravans stolen over the years, so why not a trailer.
If they needed one for a job, so much cheaper than hiring !

Ted