MGZT190 in, Passat out? - midlifecrisis
I have owned a Passat 1.8T for six months, drives OK, but a bit dull. However the interior groans and rattles more than any car I have ever owned. I escaped from SWMBO today and test drove an MGZT. Fantastic drive and interior felt very solid. I've owned three Rovers in the past and never had a problem.
Opinions please.
MLC
MGZT190 in, Passat out? - Cyd
I know three people with (company bought) ZT190s. All are very pleased with them. One commented that the Sports suspension was too hard for his liking so he had the standard set up. Try and drive versions with both suspensions so you can make your own mind up (the other two disagreed with this view).

A close friend can't wait for his lease to end so he can get a ZT-T, but he's waiting for the V8 version!!
MGZT190 in, Passat out? - TrevorP
I have tried the ZT and prefer the 75 suspension setup -
(maybe I'm just getting old).

I actually like the 75 diesel - it's the "gentleman's" version.
Pity they will never have the 3-litre BMW diesel in it.
THAT would be one motor.
MGZT190 in, Passat out? - Sambo
My ZT 180+ is on order, and I too have come from Passatville. I grew quite attached to it too! However, after initially going out for a spin with my friend who works at MG as a suspention techy (who just wouldn't shut up about them), I was very, very surprised just how much sharper and more nimble the ZT felt compared to the 'sat.

I then had a 24 hr test in a ZT 190, during which time I decided to go with it, albeit the 180bhp Auto variety.

Has anyone driven the Auto? They seem few and far between at the dealerships. Following a fire at the factory that produces the seats, I now have to wait an extra month for delivery. Doh!

Should be a nice xmas pressie tho!
MGZT190 in, Passat out? - Matt A W
Just wait until you find out how much it's worth when you come to sell it on, might think the Passat wasn't too bad after all!
MGZT190 in, Passat out? - Sambo
Not my problem, company car!
MGZT190 in, Passat out? - Big Cat
The ZT range actually has stronger residuals than you might think. It's where my money's going. Great car.
MGZT190 in, Passat out? - David Lacey
Yep, a fine choice of car.

The ZT is now available with 75 suspension!
MG-Rover Problems? forums.mg-rover.org/
MGZT190 in, Passat out? - David Lacey
ZT180 Auto?? Yep, few and far between but great to drive!
We had an MG-Rover ZT180+ demonstrator down from the factory a few weeks ago for a customer and I took it home for a couple of nights - very impresssed.

Almost too lively in Sport Mode!!
MG-Rover Problems? forums.mg-rover.org/