Alloy replacement - rogue-trooper
The boss drove through a pot hole and knackered a wheel. The insurance company have been very good and covered the cost but said I could do what I liked with the cheque as the OEM alloy is £500. I can get 4 Zito alloys for less than that if I want but am wondering whether I should stick to originals. The car is 5 years old and I will be looking to sell within the next 6-9 months.

Any thoughts?

TIA
Alloy replacement - freddy1
but if you buy the new ones ,and sell the rest on ebay (good idea) , you have two problems

a: non origional wheels

b: non insurance due to modifications

is there not a spare you can stick on?
Alloy replacement - rogue-trooper
PS I am never going to buy a car with a space saver again!!! Nothing but hassle.
Alloy replacement - Bill Payer
PS I am never going to buy a car with a space saver again!!!

Are there any cars still available with full size spares? Our's doesn't have a spare at all - just a can of goo.
Alloy replacement - NARU
Are there any cars still available with full size spares?

The full-size alloy spare was one of the reasons I chose a landcruiser. The thought of towing a caravan with a space saver would horrify me. Haven't had a puncture for 4 years now though, so maybe I'm over-reacting.

I once carried 4 spares on a journey. It was a prolongued safari with lots of offroading. Didn't get a puncture the whole trip, but did lose a side window, puncture the petrol tank and get stuck in the mud a few times.
Alloy replacement - NARU
PS. In your position, I'd be watching eBay and trying the breakers for a wheel.
Alloy replacement - Alby Back
Why not buy the cheap set of alloys to get you rolling again. Meanwhile source a second hand original wheel sometime in the next few months which could be fitted along with your three at sale time and then sell the set of alloys on EBay. You might end up with a small profit overall.
Alloy replacement - L'escargot
Are there any cars still available with full size spares?

A full size spare is available on a Focus for £77. Well worth it in my opinion.