06 1.6 radio fault - marky73
Just thought Ii would share this with you in case others have had, or are having similar problems.

A while ago our radio stopped working. Checked the fuse but it was OK but when I put the fuse back in it started working again.

During the recent cold weather we have had I noticed, whilst the car was parked on our drive one night, that the clock and temp display were lit even thought he car was locked. When I went out to check nothing was left switched on and locked the car again they were still lit. The next day the car would not start as the battery was dead (it was 3+ years old and the weather was very cold so this probably did not help).

Afetr fitting a new battery all was well. Radio worked and clock/temp display went off when car was locked.

A few days ago the clock/temp display was on again when the car was locked. After speaking with Renault dealer we have been told there is a fault with the Scenic radio (not sure if other models are affected) which seems to be triggered by the cold weather. Although the radio doesn't work it is constantly drawing power from the battery. The clock/temp display being always on is another sign of the fault. We have been told that we can have a new radio fitted by Renault but as there is a back log of cars needing this then we have to disconnect the power supply from the back of the radio to stop it draining the battery until it is replaced (which may be a week or two). This will also stop the clock/temp displaying when the car is locked. Taking the fuse out for the radio isn't enough - you have to disconnect the power to it.

Hope this helps if anyone else has experienced similar problems. If you have and can office any further advice please reply.

Thanks.
06 1.6 radio fault - shido123

just had the very same problem (scenic 1.6 55 plate)took your advise and disconnected the plugs at the back of the radio..do i have to get a renault radio or just go to halfords and get a retro ????

many thanks

06 1.6 radio fault - Collos25

Yes you can fit an aftermarket radio and also buy a lead so as to be able to still use the remote switches.You could also cut the yellow and red cables fetch them out to a simple rocker switch and then return them to the radio this will stop any current flowing to the radio but will stop the radio remembering preset stations as will removing the plug everytime but it can be used as a stop gap till the new radio is delivered.

But there is also a problem with scenic dashboards which give a similar fault so I would double check.

06 1.6 radio fault - jackys

Good to know this forum provides me with the information I need.

Phoned Renault re my radio suddenly not working and they told me it was a known fault and they would replace it. What they didn't tell me is that I needed to unplug the radio as it would take out my battery. Went out this morning to my car which is as dead as a dodo.

Looked on here and now know when I get car started I need to disable the radio or it will just happen again and probably in a less easy place to deal with it.

Thanks to you.

No thanks to Reanault

06 1.6 radio fault - Zabac

Hallo from Croatia,

I have the same problem at the moment. I am charging the battery and radio is already unpluged from the car.

One question;

After new radio instalation any further problems?

Thank you

Regards

06 1.6 radio fault - Trina6172

Hi

Have just read your problem regarding radio in grand scenic. Have just experienced similar problems and think radio is also faulty. Have 07 scenic which is just 4 years old. Are renault still obliged to replace even though it is no longer in warranty as it is a fault with the car? was your car still under warranty when they replaced radio for you?

Many thanks for help and am so much wiser now after reading your post.

Trina