Fireblade RR-P worth keeping? - Dave N
I've a 94 fireblade, the one with the twin headlights, sat idle in a garage in england. I'm now in sweden most of the time, so not sure what to do with it.

It's all original, except I replaced the floppy indicators and stripped the flaking black off the original ally exhaust. There's a small ding in the tank, and the headers have a bit of surface rust on them. Apart from that, it's mint condition. Are they worth much these days?

Just trying to decide whether to flogg it in the uk, or bring it over here and re-register it.
Fireblade RR-P worth keeping? - craig-pd130

According to Visordown, 7 - 8 year old one-owner RRYs with sensible mods (Scottoiler, aftermarket can etc) are only worth about £2,000 so a 16-year old one will be worth maybe £1200.

It may make sense to ship it over, check about import duties etc though, they used to be punitive.
Fireblade RR-P worth keeping? - doug_523i
I'd keep it, it's bound to increase in value as it becomes a classic, and the twin headlamp FireBlade is a classic. Look for a good tank, and maybe a pipe and indicators, before they become high-value parts and you should be laughing.
Thanks guys. I'll see if I can get it over here.

A few years back I tried getting the indicators, as the originals go all floppy, and a new tank. I couldn't find a decent 2nd hand tank as they were all worse than mine. I'll need to source some lhd lights as well. Ironically, it had lhd lights on it as it was imported from Belgium (remember the time, many years ago, when UK bike prices were sky high in england and there was a roaring trade in parallel imports?). But a few years back I found some good rhd lights and swopped them out, unfortunately lobbing the old ones!

No import tax to pay, fortunately.

It's hard to believe it's 16 years old, as it seems like only yesterday when it was the hottest thing on the block, the papers were full of stories about all the stolen and crashed ones, 16" front wheels, and tank slappers.
Fireblade RR-P worth keeping? - martint123
It's hard to believe it's 16 years old as it seems like only yesterday when
it was the hottest thing on the block the papers were full of stories about
all the stolen and crashed ones 16" front wheels and tank slappers.

My R1 is 11 years old in a couple of days and has been on "classic" insurance at around £90 for last year - a bit of a change from when it was new.
"Blade eater - Awesome Machine" the press wrote ;)
I think the last part-ex offer I got was £850 for it ;(
Ha, I know what you mean. With the low values it's not worth outing it. I must admit to not having ridden anything newer or more powerful, but it still seems like a nice bike to me. It's certainly faster than I am.

Maybe I need to get up in the loft and sort out the Frank something leathers and see if I can do the zip up.
Fireblade RR-P worth keeping? - Mr.Tee43
It's a known fact that leathers shrink over winter ;-)
Fireblade RR-P worth keeping? - martint123
As I mentioned just above, it's my bikes birthday shortly and I got the insurance renewal this morning.
Ye Gods - up from £92 to £221 Time for the search engines, hoping more than CN do multibike policies.
Fireblade RR-P worth keeping? - gmac
David Silver have the indicators in.
There is also this place (www.zsf-motorrad.de/) in Germany I used to source a fuse box cover for my wifes '96 CBR600. Not cheap though !
Your exhaust I would take to an alloy wheel refurbisher and have them do it. Get a quote at least.