Steering wheel switch - Happy Blue!
The Volvo forums are fine, but somehow the backroom is a much calmer place to sit and chat!

Anyway, I have discovered a four way rocker switch on the back of the steering wheel at the right hand side. The manual is silent on this.

Any ideas what it's for?

Just found out - its for the Sat Nav for which I don't seem to have a manual.
Steering wheel switch - TheOilBurner
You should also have a remote control for the sat nav somewhere.
Found that and found the full functions on the steering wheel.
Steering wheel switch - TheOilBurner
Cool. I believe the sat nav in the XC90 was slightly different to the one in my S80, but it may still have the same limitations.

One I got mine, I couldn't search on post code and the traffic alert didn't work.

I got an updated disc which sorted the later, but not the former.

However, I also drove a new shape '08 S80 that did do searching on full post code.

Try it on yours, they may have put it in by 07 on the XC90 too.

IIRC, you just enter the post code in the town name.
Nope - no postcode search function on the XC90. They do from the 08 model I think and with bluetooth fitted as well.

Have discovered that Orange may do duplicate SIMs but whether I can be bothered I don't know. It costs £33per month - far more than my very good value T-Mobile account. May just buy a PAYG Tesco Sim to keep in the car for emergencies and re-install my Parrot CK3100.
Steering wheel switch - rtj70
When Vodafone did multiple SIMs there was no monthly cost. A bit of a pain to dial a number to tell the network which SIM to actually use at a given time though.