02 2.0 flashing glow light - MAF Sensor - tom8870
Hi
I have been having an intermittent glow lights come on over the past few months. I have a 130k Mondeo Diesel Estate.

Issue Trigger - when i accelerate hard says come out of a roundabout at 20mph and put my foot to the floor the glow light comes on at between 2000rph in the 50-60mph range. The car then either goes into limp mode or cuts out which can be really scary on the motorway. The car resets itself after turning it on and off so I have found that if i take it easy up hills and don?t try and overtake anyone that i can just about jog the car along.

Brief recent History
April 09 replace camsensor
Sept 09 Glow light issue -- codes P1211 PO251 which suggests fuel issue - had garage check out everything re fuel issue. They said Fuel filter ok, injectors ok but I stopped short of replacing fuel pump as i was quoted £1200 but no guarantee of success.
Sept09 replaced crankshaft sensor helped but not solved the issue
Jan 10 Replace MAF and EGR

I have now found out that the MAF is triggering the glow light. I initially took it out to test and found that the car went perfectly. So i replaced with a new MAF but the problem still exists. So I can only assume that the MAF is a secondary issue. I then replaced the EGR as the value on the old one looked knackered. The car runs better which makes sense but the glow light issue came back within 1/2 an hour.

In the short term I can just disconnect the MAF sensor but I would really like to get to the bottom of this so any suggestions you can offer would be welcome.

Thanks in advance
Tom

Edited by Pugugly on 24/01/2010 at 19:06

02 2.0 flashing glow light - MAF Sensor - tom8870
Hi

Just want to update anyone who has this issue. Having disconnecting the MAF the car ran like new for about 10 days till it cut out on the motorway at 60-70mph range. As I was in the outside lane it proved very difficult to get to the inside lane as there was a car on my inside. This was compounded by the fact that the person on the inside thougth i would accelerate into the inside lane but i was unable to as the car went into limp mode and then eventually cut out. The outcome was that i was deaccerating on the outside lane as the person in the inside lane could not understand why i was not dropping into his lane. Anyway eventually he gave me enougth room to move in but he was understandably irate as evidenced by the hand gestures he made at me. This is not an experience i would like to have any time soon.

Anyway the codes are
u1900 -- can communication bus fault
po100 mass or volume air flow circuit
p1211 fuel pressure monmitoring signal improable
po251 injection fuel metering control pump a

The garage have told me that I am looking at 4 new injectors (current ones weak) and a new fuel pump which is a £2k job appoximately.

As my car is not worth £2k i think my options are clear ie to trade in against another car.

Hope this posting is of help to someone else.

Best Wishes
Tom
02 2.0 flashing glow light - MAF Sensor - bat evans

hI. I am having a similar problem with the glow plug light coming on at un predictable times. it seems the glow plu light come on to warn of any fault - I an now getting an injector fuel metering code - have fitted two new air temperature sensors and new fuel filter but still doing it. the performance is improved but still the glow plug light comes on and sometimes it cuts out. Very un nerving as you say. Did you come to any concluusions.

Thanks