Multiple Accidents - snorkerz
Having 9 years NCB, when I reversed into a truck the other day (no damage to truck) I decided not to claim for the repairs to my estate tailgate on the insurance as it is almost time for a new policy, the repairs would be £350 -v- £100 excess and loss of no claims.

Now, just 5 days later, I have had a parking accident whereby I have scraped my neighbours front wing and damaged my rear passenger door and rear wing. Realistically, it's going to have to be an insurance job - thus negating my 'savings' from the earlier bump.

Is there a practical way to get the first bump dealt with at the same time? Both incidents were my fault, both within a week of each other & only one other driver will need compensating.
Multiple Accidents - OG
Just ask the repairers for a separate bill for the tailgate.

How old is the car? I'm just thinking you might be able to get an undamaged tailgate from a scrapyard. I did this with a hatchback I had a couple of years ago, it was £40 and they even managed to find me one that was the right colour.
Multiple Accidents - Altea Ego
sell the car before the third one happens.

clearly its an unlucky motor.

Can the damage to the first not look like it was part of the second?
Multiple Accidents - sporty
and after selling your car, get your no claims bonus protected ;)
clearly its an unlucky motor.

Nah, I don't go for that - if anything is unlucky it's the driver (and I hope my wife doesn't swap that!)
It's only an 07 - however, might phone around - thanks

And no, I don't think they could believeably be the same accident.

I did think of saying the tailgate happened in the morning, and the parking accident happened when I got home 'cause I was stressed/upset/distracted by the first accident. Guess it would probably still be regarded as 2 accidents - therefore 2 excesses.

Edited by snorkerz on 23/01/2010 at 23:26