03 1.4 Malfunction Light-problem with air pipe? - cherry1980
Hi i bought this vehicle a week ago and luckily took out an extended warranty. it was fine until about the 3rd day when the orange engine malfunction light came on. i rang my aa warranty people and they told me nearest garage. took it there thurs, did the diagnostic and garage say its a problem with the air pipe-apparently it has a hole in it. they rang nissan and are waiting to hear back from them as to what part is needed before they can check with AA if repair is authorised.

just wondered if this was an easy problem to fix? also will the fact the air pipe has a hole in it be affecting the fuel efficiency and also how the engine runs? as is quite juddery in 2nd gear but all other gears are fine but fuel efficiency seems to be quite low. just from reading other posts am worried its going to be case of now the Malfunction light has come one its going to keep coming on regardless of whether problems are fixed are not. heard a lot about the oxygen sensors on these not working-is this linked to the air pipe?

also as car still runs fine is nothing to do with the timing chain is it? as dreading if it is!!

any advice much appreciated cheers