04 1.6 anti pollution fault - annoyed777
Hi

Please help just had dreaded anti pollution fault message and engine management light on in my 1.6 110BHP HDi. Seemed to go into limp home mode so i kept it in 2nd for a while and it ran ok, felt like it was pulling back. Cooling fan on when i got home so left it running for 10 minutes to see if it does regeneration thing. Light still on. Fuel light on too just in case it's related. I've replaced the turbo, EGR valve and fuel sensor cap and had celenium topped up last month. Turbo 6 months ago. Fed up with car, please help.

Thanks
04 1.6 anti pollution fault - Armitage Shanks {p}
These problems, occurring,weeks after the work you describe should not produce these symptoms/warnings. Back to whoever did the work I suggest.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 15/01/2010 at 17:14

They'll charge me another £100 to pug machine in. Usual big company with initials AC. Do you think it needs a FAP filter possibly? I don't do many miles but they are along a fast duel carraige way. Do you think it could need to regenerate itself? How would i no if i kept turning it off when it was regenerating?

Thanks again
04 1.6 anti pollution fault - WorkshopTech
No offence, but its almost impossible to say how the problem could be fixed without seeing the car and doing diagnostics.
Will it run well enough to drag itself to auction and disposed of?
I put diesel in it and took it out for a run at reasonably high revs and hey presto, light off!! It's running fine, very quiet this morning. I think it needed to regenerate and i hadn't driven it enough, then when I did not enough diesel for it to add some to do the process. Do you think that's possible? Probably a high chance the light will come back on.. I feel like it's had so much money spent on it i should keep it to get moneys worth but it needs discs and tyres soon. Looking at this forum i should get rid and buy a toyota or something!
04 1.6 anti pollution fault - BigJohnD
Cold weather can be factor. If your weather has been sub-zero for a couple of weeks, you've not driven very far and the underside of the car has been sprayed with snow and very cold water, your exhaust system has probably not got hot enough for long enough.

The Depollution error occurs when the waste matter has not been burnt off. Assuming your garage have done everything they should, you need to get the exhaust hot. Diesel engines (and the DV6 is a good example) can take well over 5 miles in sub-zero temperatures to reach working temp.

There's no need to go boy-racer, but a long journey at high speed should, with a bit of luck, clear it.

PSA offer a cold weather grille for their diesels to keep under bonnet temperatures up. It needs to be removed at around 5°C.

(If you think it's bad on the Peugeot, take a look at the Nissan Qashqai owners forum.)

Edited by BigJohnD on 19/01/2010 at 13:44

04 1.6 anti pollution fault - sandy56
There is a LOT of stories about these problems with diesels.

You need to get the exhaust HOT for about 15 minutes - varies from car to car, regularly to allow the DPF to self clean or regenerate, at least once a week.

What need its a run along an open road using medium to high revs 3000 - 4000 dont use 6th gear-

called an ITALIAN Tuneup and yes it works. Most people dont get the chance to get the engine HOT these days especially in winter.