1.6 best place to find an ABS Sensor - Hugo {P}
Hi all!

Been a while, hasn't it?

I'm after a cheap source for an ABS Sensor for a Nissan Almera 1.6 SLX Auto. It's my wife's car and it's MOT time :( I'm looking at over £200 from the Nissan dealer. The other suggestion I've had is a 2nd hand hub, but there is no guarantee that the Sensor is OK in there.

Could anyone please advise? Was there not a member of this Back Room who imported Nissan parts (Aprilia IIRC)?

Edited by Pugugly on 12/01/2010 at 17:45

best place to find Nissan Almera ABS Sensor - bathtub tom
Try:

www.buypartsby.co.uk/

best place to find Nissan Almera ABS Sensor - DP
Always had good service from these guys:

www.asm-autos.co.uk/

90 day guarantee on all used parts, and the one time I ever needed to use it, had no hassles at all.

I have no link to them at all, just 15 yrs of good experience.

Cheers
DP
best place to find Nissan Almera ABS Sensor - Hugo {P}
Thanks for those links guys.

Buypartsby list the same item at some £437, not a huge saving on the Nissan price ;) I may phone them.

The other i'll try tomorrow.

I've had a friendly chat with the local Nissan dealer principle. He has offered to do a bit of digging for me, which is very kind of him. It's nice that he sympathises with the economic predicament.

Just had to pay our tax bill so saving a few quid is especially important at the moment!
best place to find Nissan Almera ABS Sensor - Pugugly
Nice to see you back Hugo.
best place to find Nissan Almera ABS Sensor - SteveLee
How much!! Are they diamond encrusted?
best place to find Nissan Almera ABS Sensor - Hugo {P}
Nice to see you back Hugo.

Thanks PU :)
best place to find Nissan Almera ABS Sensor - bathtub tom
>>Buypartsby list the same item at some £437

Sorry about that. I didn't check the price for yours.

I don't know if this will be useful for checking compatibility between different models (you mentioned someone having a 1.4 hub):

nissan4u.com/parts/
1.6 best place to find an ABS Sensor - FotheringtonThomas
Second-hand, use 1stchoice. Suppliers give a 1-3 month guarantee (but it it works in the first place, it'll most likely continue to work for the life of the car). Isn't it fixable (out of position, it/the mechanism covered in grot)?
The only 2nd hand option is to use a complete hub apparently as the sensers are little devils to remove.

One local breaker offered me a whole hub for £35 but I'm reluctant as it's off a 1.4L whereas this car is a 1.6L and the interface with the shaft could be different (as well as not knowing that the senor is OK), so that would be £35 down the tube plus the garage time in fitting it. I just don't have the time to fit it myself.

The mechanic has confirmed it's not fixable, but thanks for the suggestion
1.6 best place to find an ABS Sensor - bell boy
try a factor im sure blue point will do them for about £45
euro car parts probably do them too if you phone them
your quoted price is scandalusk in my opinion for what is a magnet and a bit of wire encased in plastic
I've done a search for Blue Point on the net, and the only one I can find is for Snap on Tools.

Euro Car parts don't do them.

A lot of factors don't do them. It seems easy enough to get them for the newer vehicles but not one 11 years old. Maybe I should have scrapped it!
1.6 best place to find an ABS Sensor - freddy1
your quoted price is scandalusk in my opinion for what is a magnet and a bit of wire encased in plastic>

sounds like a push bike speedo , why not buy one from Halfords, cost less than £5

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/01/2010 at 01:19

1.6 best place to find an ABS Sensor - bell boy
Make sure the relucter ring on the driveshaft hasnt cracked
this is what normally happens on primeras
still cant believe you cant buy a pickup for £50 ish
try another factor (i recommend andrew page, do a google) :-)
1.6 best place to find an ABS Sensor - David G.I.Davies
Blue Print,not Blue Point,suppliers of Japanese car parts,and others.
David Davies
1.6 best place to find an ABS Sensor - WorkshopTech
try bosch agent, they used to list an eqivalent for this.
It looks like I may have sorted it.

The dealer was brilliant!

I found a 1.4 N15 that was immaculate that had come into a yard some 3 miles away from me under the scrappage scheme.

We tested the ABS. The light came on then straight off when the ignition was turned on.

Then I took the registrations of the doner car and mine, phoned the dealer parts department. The parts person confirmed that both cars would have been fitted with exactly the same abs sensor and hub.

So I phoned the breakers and asked them to remove the part. Unfortunately they cut the ABS lead to get the hub out (numpties!) :(, but I managed to get the rest of the lead from the car and the mechanic is confident he can fix it.

Anyway, I also had the 2 nearly new front tyres from that vehicle, which are the same size as mine, so that's another £70 odd saved. They also gave me the key fob for it, which can be programmed to work with ours - we've only ever had 1 of these.

It's been a tough month for s financially. We usually have a lot going out this month but this year it's been much worse