HJs new Leon - Phil G
Looks like a fine buy - let us know how its gets on HJ. Nice colour too.

I can barely believe how cheap that Vectra was. My Uncle just bought a 1 year old one (poverty spec 1.8) this summer and he thought he was getting a good deal at £10k. Unbelievable.
HJs new Leon - Jase
That Leon looks great. They're my favourite (of the cars I could ever realistically hope of owning).

Great deal on that Vectra. Its virtually brand new!
CavV6 and cavWeb fan.
www.cavweb.co.uk
HJs new Leon - Richard_H
That Leon looks pink from the photo, and those wheels are a bit on the ugly side.

Aren't theses things screwed together in Spain ? not exactly a country known for craftsmanship or quality, they sleep most of the afternoon. ;)

Still, each to their own I suppose.

(Yes I know they belong VW etc blah, blah)
HJs new Leon - NeilT
I have done 52,000 in my X-reg Leon, and apart from a few little problems that are known faults that will be done under warrenty (peeling interior door pulls and catching rear plastic door moulding) it has never missed a beat, even running the last 30k on an uprated chip. Having said that, it has started to develope a clonk from the front suspension, but thats another story......

..... Having spent alot of time on the www.SeatCupra.net forums I have noticed that Leons (the SE and Cupra in particular) suffer from clonks on the suspension. this is normally down the the shocks.... reason? Well, the SE and Cupra have sports suspension, but the shocks are not up to the job, giving a nice ride on smooth surfaces, and bouncy ride on bumpy roads, an uprated set of shocks fitted to std springs improves this and gives better handling and ride.
If you think this is down to it being bult in Spain then I can say that the Golf is even worse!!!! The Octavia is the best of the bunch.

Other thinks to look out for are:

Failed Dump Valves - symptoms is normally a funny squeak on gear change rather than normal air sound, plus flat spots
Failed coils - VAG engine has coil for each cylinder, same problems reported on Audi TT
Leaking door seals - can also come in through mis-fitted pollen filter
Clutch problems - On TDi models
Difficult gear change - on 6 speed boxes when cold, normally 1st to 2nd gear

Hope this helps any would-be buyers of this excelent value car...:-)

cheers

Neil T
SEAT Leon TDi 150
HJs new Leon - Rob G
Have just bought myself a second hand Leon TDI SE on a Y plate. generally really pleased with it, although the clutch doesn't seem quite right. With the engine on and the gearbox in neutral the pedal is 'lumpy' when depressed. It feels like the clutch is slightly engaging and feeding back through the pedal.

Are you able to elaborate on your comment reagrding the clutch problems on TDI models? Could I be looking at a new clutch?

Regards

Rob G
HJs new Leon - NeilT
Rob,

I'm pretty sure mine did that, it is just caused by the engine vibration, although I soon got used to is as it wasn't too bad.

How many miles has yours done, I actually never replaced the clutch on mine in the end and was ok at 90K miles when sold, and that was with 70k miles running a chip with 235lb.ft torque, inc. towing heavy trailers at times.

I do miss my Leon, but the Mondeo is so much quieter!!

Neil T
Mondeo Ghia TDCi 130 Estate, SEAT Toledo 20VT Sport, Various Montegos...
HJs new Leon - Rob G
Neil,

Thanks for the reply - I think you might be right, it does feel like engine vibration. It's done 81k.

Regards

Rob G