03 1.4 screen wash - jpd77uk
The screen wash dosnt work any more.It was fine before the cold weather and snow.

Could it be that the pipes are frozen, fuse blown or the pump has gone?

Any ideas? Thanks.
03 1.4 screen wash - Clanger
The C3 washer reservoir lives in the offside wheel arch. It doesn't get any residual heat from the engine. Your wash solution is too weak and I'm guessing reservoir and pump are fused into a solid block of ice. When it thaws and still doesn't work check the pump fuse.

The jets do get heat from the engine and frozen jets can thaw in standing traffic.
Thanks, i'll let you know the outcome.
03 1.4 screen wash - piston power
Just poured boiling water over jets still does not work found my bottle right at the bottom n/s/f on the astra so guess frozen what happens in europe do they use a stronger mix or just freeze like us?
03 1.4 screen wash - M.M
Had the same thing on the 06 C3 we've just bought. After the snow had gone realised the washers were still u/s. Went into dealer who informed there was a sensitive fuse that would blow if you tried the washers too much while frozen. On ours the fuse was in the box tucked in the inner wing behind the nearside headlamp. The battery cover etc had to be removed to access the fusebox and then the fuse was fiddly to swap. It was an odd size too being about half the size of a standard one.
hi, just to let you know it was the fuse that went.

Thanks guys.
03 1.4 screen wash - redviper
Hi
My partners C4 also had the same issue, we thought that it had simply frozen up, then after a bit of driving round it still didnt work, it turned out the fuse had popped

I think that the screenwash in the pump must have frozen and simply popped the fuze for the motor, a new fuse and all is well

Edited by redviper on 21/01/2010 at 12:21

03 1.4 screen wash - nic2626

Hi,

I am currently having a similar problem with my C3 2005 Desire.

For about 3-4 weeks the screen wash has not worked.

I have checked the fluid levels, the fuse, if it is frozen, etc and cannot find any indication of what is causing the problem.

The washers work properly both on front and rear windows but the wash will not emit on either windows.

If someone could please offer any suggestion, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Kind Regards

:0)
03 1.4 screen wash - BigJohnD
Blocked filter?