How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - piston power
How big is an ideal garage a single is not of much use many can drive in just can't open the doors! lol.

A double or a triple would be my next choice of course room permiting.

How high would you have it enough for a 2x post ramp?

With a bench all tools tyre machine compressor these alone take up plenty of room so may need a triple!

What is your ideal garage? size/height?

What do you want it for? car canopy or repairs or just for somewhere to dump the stuff? like many are used for.
How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - Jcoventry
Ideal garage for me would be one with space for 4 large cars. So I could have my daily driver, a 4x4 and a sports car in there. And the extra room would be used as my workshop space for repairing/building computers, and hopefully some room left for storage, tools, etc. As for size/height...big.
How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - Armitage Shanks {p}
My partner has a VAST garage! When it was built doors were put in at both ends and she was able to get their 5 berth touring caravan pushed thru it, into the back garden for winter storage; it has an inspection pit too! Now contains a 206, a lot of archived business files and about 1% of the EU wine lake!
How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - spikeyhead {p}
At some stage in the future I'll build a two bed bungalo with a quadruple garage, preferably on a plot of around 30 acres so I can grow some decent food, keep a few pigs, use a few sheep to keep the grass trimmed and have enough room to grow a wood supply for the wood burner.

By then, I'm expecting the contents to include a Lambo, an old Land Rover and whatever daily drivers are on the go at the time.
How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - dieseldogg
Built a wee 60' by 30' shed, c/w roller shutter door in one bay, now mostly full of junk so had to start afresh, plus the uninsulated tin roof drips, however a neighbouring farmer has built a humungous potato store with a fibre cement roof.
sigh, its wonderfully snug despite the vast size.
Mind you my shed only cost the same as a double garage built toher side of the lane.
How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - madf
My ideal garage would be the size of a large bungalow - to house my mechanic - and be about the typical dimensions of a barn.. but well insulated and divided into sections.

As for the contents, mostly cars. The mechanic can take care of the tools..
:-)

Edit:

It would also enclose a full size heated swimming pool, a sauna, overnight accommodation for the visiting models and a 5 star restaurant.

Plus a lake for fishing, 50 acres of mixed arable and rough land (I want to learn to ride), some jumping and a pheasantry..

And overnight accommodation for the models.. (or did I mention them already?)

Edited by madf on 05/01/2010 at 14:54

How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - martint123
I could dream, but have to make do with
www.flickr.com/photos/pvrframe/3951474044/sizes/o/
How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - Jcoventry
Well that's pretty damn good if you ask me, much more than I have...which is no garage at all. :( So for now I shall keep dreaming.
How big is the ideal garage & what have you in it? - 1400ted
Three linked together...32 ft X 18ft did have a 24X18 car port where the caravan now lives.

tinyurl.com/yafeoyp

Classic car, 3 Motor bikes, I Pushbike, A model railway and a workshop. Mostly carpeted with brew facilities, TV and Music.
Soon to have trams on the line across the back