Late bid to be BR 'sad git 2009' - Nsar
21.20 on New Year's Eve and I've just SORNed my old Landy on the DVLA site.

Sort of the story of my year. I hope we all have an 'annus mirabilis' in 2010.

Edited by Nsar on 31/12/2009 at 21:24

Late bid to be BR 'sad git 2009' - Rattle
I am in too, just got a bit of beer going and the 24 Four Hour Party People CD going (Madchestoh music). Feel like a sad plonk, didn't get invited to a part so that hurts. Normaly I would go to the club where I know a lot of people but with my arm like it it is its not a good idea as I would be travelling alone with a load of drunks. Up until 7:00pm I was programming a computer game I am making.

Always feels like the rest of the world is partying although I am sure the reality is very different. I am actually a bit of a party animal so it hurts to be in for NYE but its all in my head.

Only got three beers left but at least I won't have a hangover tomorrow. Really need to try and improve my social life for 2010, got quite a few friends but it is a limited set.

Hopefully one of my friends will be on MSN later so it will be nice to chat to her :).
Late bid to be BR 'sad git 2009' - stunorthants26
Ill be on right up until the trun of the year - sitting in our living room with my lovely wife watching Two and a Half Men. Go help us, we will be switching to Mr Norton for the event!
Late bid to be BR 'sad git 2009' - Chris M
I felt a right sad old get last night. Had bath around 9pm and sat down mith my wife on the sofa in dressing gown to watch Shawshank Redemption (had DVD for years, but never got round to watching it). Intention was to get dressed again as I was going to walk (not drive, as I had had a drink) round to collect teenage sons from a friend's party a bit after midnight. My sons returned shortly before midnight as they wanted to see in the new year with mum and dad (can't see that concern lasting for too many more years!). After midnight, the doorbell rang several times with neighbours wishing us a happy new year and us saddies were ready for bed. It was embarrassing. We didn't actually retire until 2.30 though.

Good luck Rattle in your search for a better life - don't get old before your time!
Late bid to be BR 'sad git 2009' - DP
Even when I was in my teens and early 20's, and a party animal, I always hated NYE. The one night of the year that was always planned in meticulous detail, the one night of the year you had to pay to get into places that were free the other 364 nights of the year, and the one night of the year that never once lived up to expectations. The best nights out have, and always will be the spontaneous "meet somewhere and go from there" type ones. NYE is a total nonsense IMHO.

Spent mine snuggled on the sofa with SWMBO, kids tucked up asleep, watching the London Eye being spectacularly blown up on the telly (looked fantastic!).

I will be spending this rather splendid sunny, crisp New Years Day hangover free and cleaning my Volvo! How middle aged is that?!
Late bid to be BR 'sad git 2009' - Chris M
My C Max could do with a wash as it's been a few months. But our drive slopes towards the road, so with the weather as it is, I think it would be irresponsible to risk leaving the pavement and road wet to ice over. May instead have to wrap up warm and take the dogs to the beach - in a dirty C Max.
Late bid to be BR 'sad git 2009' - Rattle
I actually got a decent amount of sleep last night and now reflecting on how crap clubs and bars would have been I am so glad I stayed in even if it didn't feel like that at the time.

I can't wash my car either, I have a full Autogylm kit and a clay bar ready for it but with one hand and the weather like it is its not a bad idea. I will wait till the weather warms up and at the very least will it give it a wash and wax.
Late bid to be BR 'sad git 2009' - Dwight Van Driver
I too settled down in front of TV with a bottle of expensive 14% vin rouge donated by loving daughter and which was despatched within the hour........I know I should sip delicately, but it was soooooo smooth on the palete.

Result was that Land of Nod beckoned and behaws before the magical hour.

(Woke up this am with temors, banging head, and feeling of nausea. Called NHS Help Line. They said I had WINE FLU.)

New year is for the young is it not?

dvd