Is the 1.6FSI any good? - AlastairW
I'm thinking about an Octavia to replace my Focus, probably in the summer, funds permitting. It will ideally be a 2005 or 2006, and will definitely be petrol powered as I cant justify diesel at my mileage.

So the questions. The 1.6 FSI has about the same power as my current 1.8 Mk1 Focus. Is it enough for the slightly bigger Octavia? Does it need super unleaded? Or should I go for a different petrol engine?

One final point. I often have to carry long, thin items (lacrosse sticks). Do Octavia's have a ski hatch in the rear seat?

Thanks in advance
Is the 1.6FSI any good? - bimmer-driver
No it'll be very gutless. And they tend to have serious problems if not run on super unleaded.
Is the 1.6FSI any good? - AlastairW
Ok. Which petrol should I look out for, bearing in mind I don't want the vRS.
Is the 1.6FSI any good? - b308
The 1.6 powerful enough if you don't want to race it! I'd try going onto the BRISKODA Forum (google it), they'll have plenty of people that can help you!
Is the 1.6FSI any good? - b308
A quick search reveals that its the 1.8 engines that need super u/l, plenty of posters saying they use ordinary without any problems.
Is the 1.6FSI any good? - LikedDrivingOnce
Is a Skoda Octavia any good?
Can a duck swim?

I presume what you really mean - "Is it quick enough?".
It depends what you define as quick. According to Parker's Guide the 1.6FSI gives a 0-60 time of 10.8 seconds. You may find that sluggish, or you may agree with me that it is plenty quick enough.

Either way, don't forget all the other advantages of running a Skoda. Definitely on my shortlist when I next get a car.
Is the 1.6FSI any good? - cheddar
It will feel a bit gutless after a 1.8 Focus unless it is revved hard, I too have heard that the FSis can be problematic unless super U is used.