00 1.4 What size bolt holds the brake calipers on? - Kizzy
Hi
I am trying to change my discs on a peugeot 106 quicksilver T reg but cannot find the right size spanner etc to get the calipers off.
Does anyone have any idea what size they might be?
I rang a main dealer with the vin number but their system didnt say what size i needed.
Thank you for any help at all.
BTW I have tried a 17,18 & 19mm but none fit.
Thank you

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 11/12/2009 at 18:54

00 14 Bolt sizes - 659FBE
I wonder if you're making a mistake here. If your car has Bendix calipers there are special 5 sided bolts securing the calipers themselves. These must not be disturbed - hence the special heads.

The pad carrierbracket to the knuckle assembly is held with absolutely conventional hex bolts - probably 17 AF.

On my partner's 106D it was possible to change the disks without unbolting the caliper carrier - just knock out the wedges and remove the hydraulic unit (hang it up to avoid straining the hose) and the disk just clears the carrier as you remove it from the hub.

An excellent design - but Bendix brakes need an annual strip and clean to keep them free.

00 14 Bolt sizes - Peter D
Spot on 659FBE. Impact wrench to remove the retaining screw and off comes the disc. Goog clean of the mating surface, a very mean smear of Copper ease, new disc, touch of copper ease on the retaining screw thread, new pads and put it all back together. Regards Peter
00 14 Bolt sizes - Kizzy
Thank you very much for your reply.
I will try what you have said today and hopefully will work.
Thanks once again
Regards
Roy

SQ - now I'm sure you didn't mean to quote all of the person's post to which you were replying to?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/12/2009 at 10:20

00 14 Bolt sizes - Kizzy
Thank you both I have now taken off the discs and will put the new ones on tomorrow.
You were a great help to me.