Sports car for a six footer - qts
Early next year I'll be looking for a sports car. Budget will be £8K-£10K. The problem is that I'm 6 foot 4. I've tried the MGF, MR2, and MX5 and I haven't sit comfortably in any of them, even after adjusting the legroom and the rake. Usually my head hits the roof and I can't get my legs beneath the steering wheel. Have I failed to spot some sort of adjustment? What other sports cars should I consider? I'm not looking for a particularly high top speed, but I am looking for accelleration and manoeuverability. I currently drive a Proton which is nice but a tad sedate, though my last Proton saved my life, crumpling very nicely around me.

Tips on what to look for would also be appreciated.
Sports car for a six footer - Phil G
£10k could get you a late 70s early 80s Porsche 911SC, which should have plenty of room. Course the running costs aren't exactly the same as an MX5.

Try a Porsche 944 too for something a bit more sensible.
Sports car for a six footer - Tomo
On putting the seat right back in my MK IV Supra I can't get at the controls properly, at six feet. I think you do not want the 300 odd horses twin turbo job, but there are imported normally aspirated ones of which your price range should cover a pretty decent specimen.

And my local agent services it happily, and I believe parts are no problem; admittedly I have not needed any other than filters - it's a Toyota!

Tomo
Sports car for a six footer - qts
Thank you both.
Sports car for a six footer - Ross D
Why not try a VR6 Corrado? I am 6ft 4in and owned the less inspiring 16v corrado but I fitted inside the car with no problems whatsoever. Apparently the VR6 model is alot of fun to drive. Get the storm variant if possible it'' set you back around 10k for a decent example I would have thought!

Ross
Sports car for a six footer - Steve S
At 6' 3" I can vouch for both the old 911 and the Corrado - both great cars with plenty of room for the taller driver.
Sports car for a six footer - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Try a Marcos GT 10k should get you reasonable one and as it was designed around Jem Marsh -6'6"- it should fit you. Even with a standard Rover 3500/3900 they are ballistic and will corner like on rails!
Sports car for a six footer - Citroënian {P}
The Porsche 944 is very accomodating, quick and almost depreciation proof if you can find a good one. I guess the same applies to the 968.

Not sure if 10k gets you a BMW Z3 (perhaps it will after the Z4), but I couldn't get the seat far enough back and I'm over 6" but not 6"4'

Another option would be a Jag XJ40 - plenty of space (font anyway) and fast enough - there's more and more around the 10k mark now.

Lee.