Scraped valance - Golf Mk6 - Best repair method? - tack
I scraped the nearside of my front valance a few days ago, and the scrape goes down to the bare plastic, so white is showing through the black metalic paintwork. I have heard there are mobile units that can come to you and do some sort of melting process to smooth over the scrape? Anyone heard of this?
Scraped valance - Golf Mk6 - Best repair method? - bintang
I have heard there are mobile units that can come to you and do some
sort of melting process to smooth over the scrape? Anyone heard of this?

>>

ChipsAway does roadside repairs but they are likely to be the same cost as a decent bodyshop, which will have better kit.
Scraped valance - Golf Mk6 - Best repair method? - Waino
Having seen the name 'ChipsAway' mentioned on this site I, in turn, passed it onto a friend who'd scraped her Focus. Some weeks later, she informed my wife that she was delighted with the result.

AFAIK ChipsAway is a franchised concern so I guess the skills of the individual operator could come very much into play.
Scraped valance - Golf Mk6 - Best repair method? - tack
Thanks guys, I was aware of people that did dents, I was just unaware of this heat method. Aoyingly, just picked up a chip today from a stone flung up by a lorry on A12, caught top of offside wing, dented and down to metal so white showing through again. Grrrrrrr
Scraped valance - Golf Mk6 - Best repair method? - Pugugly
www.paint-and-trim.com/

Mentioned in another thread - franchise set up but my local one is very good.