99 1.8 ABS fuse keeps blowing - bobothebear
Hello,
A few weeks ago whilst reversing my ABS light came on which caused the Handbrake warning light to also come on.
I discovered this meant probably an ABS fault and it would no longer work.
So I did all the obvious things like checking the sensors but could not fix the problem.

Then the other day someone told me I had no brake lights at all. I discovered the fuse had blown and so I looked up what it did and it was the following:
25A Reverse light switch - Auto box relay - Brake lights switch - Day running lights relay - Cooling Fan relay - Pressure switch control - Compressor relay - ABS control unit

I put in a new fuse and magically my ABS light switched off and the car was fixed :)
(worryingly Id been driving for weeks with no brake lights)

Anyway this morning the light came back on and the fuse has blown again. I had another spare from the packet so replaced this(hoping I would get to work), started the car up and I think I tapped the brakes or put it into reverse and then I heard the fuse go again!

So now I'm wondering where to start tracking down what is causing the fuse to blow.

Thanks
99 1.8 ABS fuse keeps blowing - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you need to start looking at the reverse light circuit.Especially around the gearbox switch and wiring.Also check the connections to the rear lights.I doubt if this is a fault with the abs system.hth