97 1.2 radio - vin
Hi, my corsa has the standard radio cassette and I want to put in a cd tuner . On the back of the standard radio are three plugs ,bottom one speakers middle power, top dont know, does it go to the dash top display? My question is can I fit a non vauxhall radio ignoring the top plug. Ive seen on ebay vauxhall cd tuners that would fit straight in but they are fetching nearly as much as a new non vauxhall one and are probably years old. I have heard someone mention running problems from doing this but I dont see how. Many thanks for your responses.
97 1.2 radio - Victorbox
I'd stick with a CDR 500 of which there are plenty shown as in good working order on eBay with code for £10 to £30 as here tinyurl.com/y86g3ax
97 1.2 radio - elekie&a/c doctor
Fitting a non standard radio in these is fairly easy.The top plug of the iso connector is not used(this is for the tuner display).All current radio/cd units will be fitted with an iso connector that plugs straight in.You will probably need to swap around the 2 power leads on the new unit to maintain the memory function of the radio.Also need an adaptor for the aerial lead.The time and temp display will still work as normal.hth
97 1.2 radio - SpamCan61 {P}
I always stick my cheapo CD/USB WMA playing radio in my succession of bangernomics Vauxhalls, it rarely takes more than 15 minutes to fit, trickiest bit tends to be getting the new radio in without snagging the ISO connectors on the insides of the dash. If fitting a 3rd party radio you will need to remove the Vauxhall mouting cage ( which has the ISO connectors clipped in the back) and replace it with the one for your radio.