Why? Or rather WHY??????? - Tony Bee
The other night after a 100 mile trip in the rain my wife discovered her best leather handbag had done the trip standing in about an inch of water in the passenger footwell.
So car in garage sharpish two fan heaters all night and half a morning (and three rolls of kitchen towels)got it dry.
One hour under car with lamp pushing and shoving found no splits.Wife standing on floor with me underneath and again no cracks.
Garden hose aimed everywhere for half an hour --no leaks.
100 mile trip today in the appalling rain we have had --no leaks.

So where the hell did the water come from?
Should I see a priest and get the blasted car exorcised?
Any ideas anyone?
T I A
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - blowpipe
Make/model of car?
Was the strap caught in the door first time round, breaking the seal?
My God Blowpipe I think you must be some sort of genius.
You could be right and I suppose the forced through draught in the car when on the move would suck water in.Sounds very possible.Why didnt I think of that ? Thanks
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - Claude
You still havnt said what make/model
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - blank
Prada, Gucci?
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - Humpy
Blocked air conditioning drain pipe? Happened in a volvo estate my father had a while ago. Drove back from Germany in 2 inches of water!
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - Tom S-S
Have you considered a leaking heater matrix?? Have had experience of this in two Saab 900s
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - Peter D
Has it got a sunshine roof with internal piller drain pipes. Peter
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - Mike H
Could be a leak in bottom of windscreen, then dribbling under dahs onto floor?
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
"dribbling under dahs onto floor.............."

Fear not, medical science is wonderful.
Why? Or rather WHY??????? - rg
Does the water smell like coolant?

Has the coolant level dropped in the rad/expansion tank?

If you look up under the dash, can you see any stain or water marks hinting on where the liquid came from?

Was there excessive misting as you were driving? This happened with my heater matrix.

Rob
Sorry for late response.Been doing 220 miles a day back and forth to a hospital.
Car is a wonderful Xantia.In view of the minute examination of the floor pan which found nothing and the 200 miles in a cloudburst that caused no water to enter plus the water being very clean and not being full of antifreeze I thing Blowpipe did get it in one.
My wife will admit nothing of course.However I`m reading about the Spanish treatment of the Incas to find some ideas so may find out shortly.
(PS years ago I had a mini which had 6 heater matrixes in about 4 weeks under guarantee before they found a good one.Good old days Good old BMC)
Many thanks