Max budget of £6k what? - mixup
Helping my elderly father who has just had a serious op and needs to replace his 10 year old Civic with something more suitable.

Nearly purchased an Almera Tino earlier this year but changes in circumstances now means we have bit more to play with, its £5k plus the Civic so I am hoping for £6k to spend.

Ideal car would be something with the height and space of the Tino but be slightly more modern and something that isn't going to age quickly, rules the Picasso out I think.

2nd gen Focus seems to fit the bill but what else should I consider?

Thanks
Max budget of £6k what? - piston power
Honda jazz seem popular my dad who's 63 has had 3 now loves them not my cup of tea but it's easier to get in and out not been so low down like some cars and not too high as a 4x4.
The Jazz and Polo are options but I think perhaps a little too small bearing in mind that its often that he needs to transport grandchildren or a couple of adults around.

The Tino (did/does) offer that perfect size but thats an old car now and I just worry that its a dated design.

The Tino replacement (Qashqai) is sadly out of price range, likewise the FRV.

Thanks
Max budget of £6k what? - gordonbennet
Kia Carens or it's Hyundai equivalent the name of which escapes me.

Don't worry about designs being slightly older, some of us no longer spring chickens may well feel quite at home in them..;)
Max budget of £6k what? - barney100
Polo Fox would seem a good betor maybe a Panda, should get a good car for that money.
Max budget of £6k what? - Alanovich
Vauxhall Meriva? SEAT Altea? Skoda Roomster? FIAT Idea?

Edited by Alanovich on 13/11/2009 at 10:08

Max budget of £6k what? - piston power
Landrover discovery 7 seats nice good ride height reliable come in manual or automatic for 6k plenty about private sale.
Thanks all, I will look at these. I love the idea of the Disco, but can't quite see it sadly!!!