Cheap panel vans - Andrew Hamilton
I cannot believe how little ex-PO LDV400s are getting at auction. Friend bought two with pergeot diesel high roof year 1996 mileage 34,000miles for £800+Vat each. Reckon equivalent transit would get £3000. The main defects are some dents and red paint finish.

I have had no problem with my LDV200 since 1994. However I get 40mpg and the LDV400 are more thirsty. My brother in law ran long wheel base LDV400s and was happy untill he purchased Turbocharged Fiat. Now he really motors!
Re: Cheap panel vans - Ashley
Ex P.O vans tend to be driven hard without mercy, my local P.O vans are all LDV's and they lead a hard life so maybe it's a well known fact and that reflects in their second hand value. Also, Transits have a good reputation for longetivity and reliability so they tend to hold their value well. I'd buy a Transit before an LDV any day. The LDV bus that i drive in work is a 97 P Convoy and it's a total shed compared to a Transit. Ok, the engines are the same but the build quality is very poor compared to the Ford.

Ash.
Re: Cheap panel vans - Mark Swift
I used to work at a Rover & LDV dealers as warranty administrator....kept me very busy. Even the factory admit off the record that the vans are a pile of poo!