406 wiper blades - lents
I know this sounds stupid but how do you change the wiper blades on a 406? Do you have to unbolt the arm? Cheers.
406 wiper blades - Andy22
eventually i can help someone.

there's a little clip on the top that pulls up (can be tight but it will) then the it just comes out.

Once you find the clip is childs play.
406 wiper blades - lents
Thanks Andy. I didn't like to force it until I knew it was the right thing to do. Glad you got to the bottom of your vibration. I'm still trying to solve mine but since it is a leased company car I'm stuck with using incompetent main dealers & not very versatile fast fit centres. Cheers.
really you have a vibratio too? i bet i've got as similar one somewhere, go one tell me where it is?
406 wiper blades - lents
Sounds just like yours actually. Mines a W reg HDi. Vibration through steering starts around 65-70mph & goes at about 90mph. I'm convinced it came about as result of an accident I was involved in, but as stated I'm at the mercy of main dealers who just keep balancing the wheels. I plan to book the next service at Pug dealer I know that is a mile from M-way so that they've got no excuse for not road testing at 70mph. Apart from that I love the car & have had no faults except a CD/radio that used to refuse to turn off, even with the ignition off. That was eventually sorted by the main dealer who had come up with a fix, mine wasn't the only one with the problem.
amazingly i believe mine to of been in accident in the past but obviously i can't find out how bad which is one of the most irritating things about a second hand car.

My vibration isn't actually perfect, with 4 new wheels and a wheel balancing at 65 onwards i do get it a little bit. Noticable that sometings isn't quite right but i'll get by.

And i've never done 90 to test that one out its too noisy on a 90bhp version
406 wiper blades - Mike M
My T reg 406 HDi also suffers from a mild vibration coming through the steering at between 65 - 70 mpg; but it builds up and fades away in 2 to 3 second cycles. If I hold the wheel with the tips of my fingers, you can feel the vibrations build up then decay. It's not a problem (yet), but I'm curious as to why it's happening. One of my friends suggested disconnecting the ABS at the plug to make sure it wasn't that which was causing the problem. The Pug is ex lease and the computerised paperwork does not mention any work which could be due to accident damage, just servicings, new tyres (4) and a new water pump. There's no obvious damage to anything under the car, tyres are wearing evenly and in every other way the car's a real pleasure to drive. BTW, many thanks for the tip on the wiper blades, mine are due a change. I've also just noticed that the blades are different sizes!