Scenic or Zafira, which would you choose? - shafto64
hi

after yet another, COMMON FAULT, on my 2002 1.6 focus. we have decided to get shut of it before it costs more money.

The wife wants a scenic or a Zafira, which would be best in anyones opinion.

cheers

Any comments, good or bad, appreciated

Edited by Pugugly on 07/11/2009 at 21:47

scenic or zafira, which would you choose? - perro
They are both damn good cars comrade shafto, but neither are without potential problems.
Out of the two I'd go for the Vauxhall with a petrol engine + I'd want a good warranty.
Have a butchers at the car by car guide at the top left of this page.
scenic or zafira, which would you choose? - the swiss tony
Zaf.... coz its not a Renault !!
scenic or zafira, which would you choose? - piston power
Neither try vw.
scenic or zafira, which would you choose? - Pugugly
IF you're thinking of a VAG get a Skoda - far better than VW dealers having owned both brands.
scenic or zafira, which would you choose? - DP
Had a Grand Scenic. Fabulous car. Until it got to 60,000 miles where it was almost as if programmed to start self destructing.

Brilliant diesel engines, brilliant practicality, nice interior, and good to drive in a loping, comfy, softly sprung kind of way. Ours devoured a 1000 mile run to Italy, 250 miles there, and 1000 miles back in total comfort and lovely French, supple riding refinement. We drove it all night, only stopping for fuel and to switch drivers, and it truly wouldn't have been any less comfy or relaxing doing the journey in a big Mercedes. Great mile muncher.

If we had sold our car 3 months sooner than we did, I would be recommending it wholeheartedly. But we didn't, and I can't forget the depressing feeling as fault after fault started to rack up. We called it quits at a grands worth of bill when the clutch slave cylinder exploded (with no prior warning) at 62,000 miles. On top of that it had developed intermittent faults with power steering, the instrument panel, the heater blower and the airbag system.

A low miler under Renault warranty would tempt me though. I liked the car itself that much, and despite knowing we were doing the right thing, both SWMBO and I were sorry to see it go.
scenic or zafira, which would you choose? - Lygonos
Doesn't sound like you need 7 seats.

Try a Honda CRV - my missus is a hobbit and she loves hers. 28-30mpg from a petrol automatic, 40mpg realistic from the diesel manual.
scenic or zafira, which would you choose? - barneybear
I've owned two Zafiras (2000 and 2003 reg brand new, diesels). Liked um both but there wasn't much space behind the third row if carrying 7 and the sliding the middle row bench one handed whilst clutching a small child was difficult.
We upgraded to the Espace in 2006 and I can't praise it highly enough. Nothing gone wrong, covering about 1,000 miles per month and returning 32-35 around town and 40 on a run (2.2 disele Grand version). the spec is excellent and ride comfort is arm chair-like. Kids love it. However we have stopped fostering, so are looking at Grand Scenic (we cart brownies and guides on a regular basis), C4 or 5008 when it comes out. Test drove new Scenic and whilst not quite same ride or space as Espace, its not far away.
Go with the Renault - but with a warrenty for peace of mind.
scenic or zafira, which would you choose? - SpamCan61 {P}
I think most medium size MPVs ( e.g. grand scenic, Zafira A/B, Touran) are lacking in internal storage space when in 7 seat configuration, there's only so much volume available in a medium sized wheelbase vehicle. Personally a Zafira with a roofbox for the very rare occasions when 5+ seats and luggage space is needed is a better compromise than a Espace / Galaxy sized vehicle which is more hassle to park and bigger than needed most of the time.