Scratched Windows - JJDAVIES
I have recently come across a car with badly scratched nearside windows. A quick search on the Web shows that there are two or three companies that can, in most cases, remove these scratches. Has anybody had any experiences, good or bad, in getting scratches removed?

Scratched Windows - Mondaywoe
Don't expect this is the answer you want - but have you considered going to a scrap yard and getting a replacement glass (without scratches!) Probably not very expensive and it's not desperately difficult to fit. Certainly, anything you get to remove scratches is likely to involve lots of hard work rubbing...and rubbing......

Just another thought. How did the scratches get there in the first place? If the window mechanism is not up to scratch (sorry - couldn't resist it!) it might be scraping the glass against parts of the door. Perhaps some of the seals / guides etc need replacing.

Good luck.

Graeme
Scratched Windows - JJDAVIES
Thanks Graeme, I guess a scrapyard is a good place to start.
The previous owners son suffers from Autism. He tried to get ice of the windows with a stone.
Jonathan
Scratched Windows - Mondaywoe
Hi Jonathan

I teach Special Needs children - that sounds fairly typical of an autistic child. (Bet it shifted the ice in a hurry though!)

Sometimes think cars have autistic tendencies too........

Graeme
Scratched Windows - Dynamic Dave
Similar post was discussed previously.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=72...5
Scratched Windows - crazed
was in a big halfords recently and they had some liquid to "cut" the top layer of glass in the same way as T cut does for paint

maybe worth a try
Scratched Windows - nick
If you can feel a definite scratch with your fingernail then replacement glass is the only answer. Rubbing compounds (try metal polish or jeweller's rouge)will possibly remove light scratches like those left by wiper blades but watch out for hte 'frosted glass' look!