05 2.0 Engine cut out - iceno9
Can anyone help here....
I am finding that i start my mazda 6 diesel estate in the morning and then within a few hundred yards - it cuts out when you take you foot off the accelerator pedal. The fuel sediment light comes on.
Once restarted, it normally behaves fine and there is plenty of pull in the car etc....the problem seems to be when the engine is cold only and its guarenteed to cut out probably once everytime.

I had the sediment light come on a few months back so i took off the fuel filter and drained it but didnt notice any water in the diesel. Put it back and all was fine until now. Do people think it is a bad batch of fuel i have got and this is causing the problem or?? Why would water in the filter only effect a cold engine?

Could it be the engine temperature sensor? If so - does the car have a seperate sensor for the management system compared to the dash indicator - because the dash indicator behaves normally.

Does the sediment filter light come directly from the sensor under the filter or via the engine management system....in which case, are there other reasons this could light?

Also - i always do my own servicing and drop the oil every 8000 miles. I have never had anything reset on the management system....is there need to on a pre facelift model?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Anyone?????
Just an update - i changed the fuel filter, didnt see any water in it but changed it anyway.
I think the sediment filter light always comes on when the engine is not running....i even unplugged the sensor and noticed that this is the case.....hence im now ruling out the filter/sediment sensor for the cause of the engine cutting out.

I have also run some injector cleaner through the fuel and i think it has made some difference but not alot...the engine still cuts when cold occasionally...

Has anyone got any ideas????