00 2.0TD: Engine jerks and hesitates under load - redleb
My diesel car starts every time and will idle all day but sometimes hesitates and jerks like a kangaroo under load - especially up hills - so bad that sometimes it won't even pull itself up hill and the Engine Management Light comes on. After I sit idling (perfectly) the light goes out and after a couple of minutes it will pull a little bit, though sometimes I have to slip the clutch, and then starts misbehaving again. Down hill is no problem and along the flat is mostly ok. Stop start in traffic can be bad. This fault is intermittent.

I have taken it to two garages. One replaced the Crank Angle Sensor (166.00) after testing, but the problem came back. The other (Vauxhall Main Agent) carried out a tech test and found P1220 not present (Critical Malfunction 1) and checked vacuum hoses for any split breathers. All ok and reset the code. But the problem is back with a vengeance.

Things I have thought about without a real clue are: Deisel pump, Electronic Control Unit, Intake Air Flaps, Exhaust/ cat blockage, Bosch VP pump, but I got these ideas from looking at other similar posts and would like something to go on. Any ideas?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/10/2009 at 15:39

00 2.0TD: Engine jerks and hesitates under load - baffled1
I would suggest either air mass meter or fuel not getting through - covered on HJ car by car guide - if its this you need a non return valve fitted - very cheap. Unlikely to be diesel pump or ECU.