Puncture repair £10? Good? - leef
Hi All,

Just found a dirty great big nail my tyre, took to a garage round the corner from work and they said they would sort it, put a new valve on and re-balance for a tenner.
Sounds like a fair price so I went for it. Anyone know how much such things usually cost?

A mate in work said a "large chain that does tyres and exhausts" that I actually don't mind using for some things would of charged me £14.95 plus £7.50 for Balance and valve? Surley not?

Thanks
Lee

Puncture repair £10? Good? - cheddar
Locally about £15 inc vat, repair, valve, balance.
Puncture repair £10? Good? - daveyjp
I pay £10 - local tyre fitter.
Puncture repair £10? Good? - Roly93
£10 is reasonable.
Tyre services are now seeing this as a reasonable part of their revenue-stream, as in days gone by it would get done for nothing other than a tip to the fitter !

The £20 puncture fix is not uncommon. What tyre services should do is give you a voucher to have puncture fix costs refunded if you subsequently buy some new tyres from them I think.
Puncture repair £10? Good? - Diamond
In reply to the OP I would say that is very good value.

I've had punctures repaired at ATS and they charge £19.99 for this repair and a new valve and balance. Although they do do just the repair for £9.99. I seem to remember them saying that they would do another puncture repair in the same tyre free of charge for the life of the tyre but I may have been dreaming that bit.
Puncture repair £10? Good? - FotheringtonThomas
I paid £16 at National a while ago:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=76860&...e

It seemed to be a proper repair. I hope yours is!
Puncture repair £10? Good? - Stuartli
It used to cost me £10 at least in the 1990s, never mind 2009...:-)

But fortunately I seem to rarely get punctures these days (touch wood).

Puncture repair £10? Good? - Ben 10
My local indy (1 man band outfit) charged me a tenner. But as my usual bigger multi bay independant quoted me £25, I gave him £15.
Puncture repair £10? Good? - bell boy
not worth doing for a tenner
patch is £1.50
glue 20 pence
cleaner 10 pence
air 30 pence
wear/tear 12 pence on tackle
minimum wage
insurance
new valve
possible alloy wheel damage
cost of receipt
cost of advert
customer asking you to check all tyre pressure while you are there
etc

best to tell em its scrap and sell them a new tyre
Puncture repair £10? Good? - Ben 10
Well I wont bring it round to you then :-)
Puncture repair £10? Good? - Dipstick
At my last main dealer service (which was a good price anyway) they found a puncture I didn't know the car had, and repaired it for nothing.

Or they fibbed to me about the puncture, but I don't think they are quite that Machiavellian.

Puncture repair £10? Good? - Bill Payer
At my last main dealer service (which was a good price anyway) they found a
puncture I didn't know the car had and repaired it for nothing.

The locking wheel nut for our new Honda Jazz came in a little pouch which said on it that the dealer will always do puncture repairs free. Of course, I wonder how many can't be repaired?
Puncture repair £10? Good? - frazerjp
My Dad went a now deceased Centre Tyre outfit in town to repair a slow puncture.
The chap who did the repair chared him £10 in cash in hand & that was it.
The tyre that was repaired did last well.
Puncture repair £10? Good? - bell boy
The tyre that was repaired did last well.
>>>
>>>>>>you mean the patch didnt peal off then?
Puncture repair £10? Good? - slowdown avenue
my local indi charges me £9
i'll bet you £10 i could walk round the block where you live and find a screw or nail inside of ten minutes, try it let usknow how you get on