04 2.0 Vibration from rear wheel - Ken6
I had a wheel bearing replaced on offside rear 11 months ago, and it has to be replaced again this month (replacement covered by warranty so no charge). I am still experiencing a slight vibration through car when accelerating, especially 40 -50 mph and more noticeable when going up an incline. I have 4 new tyres (under 1000 miles) and all wheel balancing was checked yesterday. Car mileage is 66000.

Question. Could the wheel bearing failure have affected any other part of rear wheel assembly, i.e.brake disc, that may be causing this vibration. Any help would be appreciated.
04 2.0 Vibration from rear wheel - macavity
The tyre has the greatest mass / moment of inertia, of the tyre/ wheel/ hub/ disc assembly.
If there is a vibration then it most likely is the greatest mass that is causing it, out of balance wheel/ tyre. Try swapping wheels around, and you will at least know if or if it is not the wheel.
04 2.0 Vibration from rear wheel - Ken6
Thanks for advice, this was tried.
GOOD rural local garage (not SEAT/AUDI) has now done a lot more investigation and we have found
broken rear springs (probably when I drove too fast over very uneven level crossing in France, and I mean VERY VERY uneven)
badly worn joint on front offside drive shaft.
Should get car back tomorrow and hope it will now be alright.

Edited by Ken6 on 29/10/2009 at 01:39