autotrader phishing scam - ablandy
Had an email checking if my car was still available yesterday. Replied today saying it was.

Just now got this email back (note i have removed part of the link to disable it):

Hello,

I am interested to buy your car but I am a bit confused because I have seen same car with the same photos on www.autotrader.co.uk, but at another seller and price.
Here is the link where you can see it: h://autotrrader-co-uk.110mb.com/www.autotrader.co.uk/www/

Awaiting your response
--------------------------------------
I clicked the link and it came up with an autotrader login window. Blindly and rather stupidly i entered the details. Immediately on doing this i realised it was a phishing link and i had just been a muppet. Normally good at spotting this sort of thing. Failed miserably today :(
within 30 seconds had changed my password.

Just to make everyone aware - i thought i was too clever to get caught by this sort of thing, but because i had the qualifier email yesterday, i was blinded.

Edited by ablandy on 07/10/2009 at 15:43

autotrader phishing scam - oldnotbold
Did you tell AT?
autotrader phishing scam - ablandy
yes, forwarded on all the details.

I still keep kicking myself about this, whenever its on the news about phishing scams I always think to myself "what sort of numpty gives out their details?" Me i suppose.

The only question mark is what could they gain by getting access to the account? Maybe I will find my way onto a suckers list now.