09 2l Bolero Radio Brightness - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Starting off to work today in the dark , I noticed the Bolero display on my FL Octavia was too dim to be seen comfortably. When the sun came up the display brightened to a satisfactory level.
I've tried the obvious display menus but can not effectively change the night time display brightness ( there are settings from dark to brightest). The panel light dimmer does not affect the display. The manual does not seem to address this adjustment.
09 2l Bolero Radio Brightness - Dave_TD
It hasn't got some kind of ambient light sensor has it?

FWIW I've just got a new mobile phone and it brightens the display in bright light whilst dimming it in the shade or the dark. I keep putting my thumb over the sensor whilst navigating the menu, which is how I figured out what it was doing as the display seemed to halve in brightness upon sliding it open.

You could try shining a torch at your stereo at night? If there is no light sensor on the unit itself it may of course be taking its cue from the sunlight sensor for the climate control, or the auto lights/wipers sensor. Sorry I can't offer any help with adjusting the brightness, I had an 01Y Octavia but the stereos were a little more basic 8 years ago.

EDIT: You could try asking on over on Briskoda, they're pretty knowledgable on all things Skoda.

Edited by Dave_TD {P} on 07/10/2009 at 03:17

09 2l Bolero Radio Brightness - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Asked on Briskoda but not really got to the bottom of the adjustments.
Have made an adjustment but I'll just have to wait for my next dark start to test it.