Selling a Ka privately - thoughts - Statistical outlier
We've just replaced my gf's Ka with a new Mazda 2. So, we need to sell the Ka privately.

It's in good nick, on a 53 plate and 57k miles, gf owned it from new and it has a full service history. We're going to have it serviced as it's due, and considering having it valeted.

Three questions:

What to ask for it? (I'll be checking Autotrader)
Where to advertise? (Autotrader online only is my first though - I wasn't impressed with eBay last time I was selling a car.
Does anyone on here fancy an honest car? :-)

Oh, and Stu, can you recommend anyone in the Lichfield area that would be good to use for the valet? Ta.
Selling a Ka privately - thoughts - Alby Back
Hi Gordon, you might consider suresell through BCA. I did that with a car earlier this year. It got a good price, I got paid and the valet was part of the package deal. No hassle either. That's got to be worth something too.
Selling a Ka privately - thoughts - Pugugly
Bang it in Classifieds here whilst you're thinking about it - no harm !
Selling a Ka privately - thoughts - Rattle
What spec is it? Depending on the condition you might be able to get £2300 for it.
Selling a Ka privately - thoughts - Statistical outlier
Rattle, it's base spec with metallic paint and an aftermarket single disc CD player (still have the original tape player as well). £2300 looks ambitious having had a look at Autotrader, but I reckon putting it up for £2200 and hoping for £2k looks doable. It'll have a fresh service and 12 months MOT which should help.

Pug - good idea. We're on holiday next week, but I'll get it up on the classifieds and see if anyone is interested when we're back.
Selling a Ka privately - thoughts - ijws15
Would not bother with the valet unless it was a mess. At 2k it would make a dent in the price.

With Son's Corsa I invested in a Meguiars clay kit, washed, clayed, polished, vacuumed, put on Autotrader web-site and it sold in hours for asking price of £2500 to a man from Cannock.

It had six months MOT left and I had done the last couple of services so no FDSH.

Must not have asked enough!