Why such a big price difference between these cars - SteelSpark
Hi,
I am currently researching Ford used cars and the impact of authorised dealers, and when I was doing so I came across these two cars:

used.car.dagenhammotors.co.uk/control.cfm?MREQ=app...F

used.car.dagenhammotors.co.uk/control.cfm?MREQ=app...F

As you can see they are identical models with the only differences being colour, mileage and the equipment listed. However, the car with less mileage and more equipment listed, is £1,000 less than the other car.

Assuming this isn't a mistake, how could this be the case? (I am going to call the dealer and ask, but also wondered what other impartial people might think) The cheaper car only has 10 miles on the clock, so I guess it can't be wear and tear and I can't see any equipment that the more expensive car has that the cheaper car doesn't.

I want to know if there is something that I could be missing here, and something that I should take into accont when buying a used car from a Ford dealership (or any other dealership for that matter).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Why such a big price difference between these cars - Rattle
It must be some silly pricing mistake where two different members of staff have done a completly different valuation. The £15k one looks a lot better than the £16k one alhough I am sure you could get another £1k off both quite easily.
Why such a big price difference between these cars - NowWheels
Is it because the cheap one is dark blue? Isn't that what's called "doom blue"?
Why such a big price difference between these cars - Rattle
I actually thought the dark blue was a nicer colour as its more unusual but then my dad had dark blue Lada (his first Lada) and it needed about £300 of work doing every month back in 1991. Maybe dark blue cares are unlucky hence worth less?
Why such a big price difference between these cars - NowWheels
BTW, Motorpoint have a 5,500mile black one for £1,200 less than either of vehicles you've listed.
Why such a big price difference between these cars - ifithelps
The dearer car is listed as having 'keyless entry doorlocks', which I think includes the push button starter which is quite a dear option.

So the dearer car is a much more desirable colour, but also looks to be slightly better spec.