The Motorists Champion - Tom Shaw
According to to-day's DT, Red Ken is taking driving lessons! That must be a conversion on a par with Saint Paul. What will follow? Congestion charging for buses, new roads for London and the man himself leading a rally in Trafalgar Square protesting about fuel duty, screaming "Can't pay, won't pay" through a megaphone?

Maybe we've misjudged him. The man's a closet Petrol Head, just waiting for the politically oppotune moment to show his true colours and seize power as The Motorist's Champion.

What a relief!
The Motorists Champion - Pugugly {P}
I wonder if there was road-charging on the road to Damascus ?
The Motorists Champion - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
Either...............

His young lady's sick of driving him everywhere

or

He needs to say "I'm not a car hater, I drive one myself........"

or

They won't let him carry newts on the bus

or

Now he's fixed London, he's so bored he's taking up mini cabbing.

I know these things.................
The Motorists Champion - GJD
Methinks tis the second option Paul. To some, he will sound more credible if he's able to say something like "I drive a car too but public transport is more practical in London" than his usual variation on "get orf moy laaand you filthy motorist".

All is not lost though, he's older than me so he'll probably die first.

GJD
The Motorists Champion - BrianW
According to Ken's letter in today's Telegraph, Ken recons taxis are public transport.
Even though it goes where and when the passenger wants, rather than on a set route at a set time.
By that definition a private car is a self-drive taxi.
The Motorists Champion - Flat in Fifth
By that definition a private car is a self-drive taxi.

And considerably cheaper,(1)

(1) Heathrow public transport rant! £321 vs £106!
The Motorists Champion - Richard Hall
So what kind of car is Ken going to buy once he's passed his test? A few years ago the choice would have been obvious - a red Lada - but now I reckon that for political reasons it'll have to be a Renault, being the only state-owned car maker that still sells cars in Britain. Vel Satis? Not sure that Renault would want Ken as their highest-profile customer, but I can see him in one.

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
The Motorists Champion - Steve S
Now he's got a kiddie on the way it's bound to be an Espace!
The Motorists Champion - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
No, no. It WILL be a Subaru.

He can then say "reeead it baaaackwards, sonny jim, it says I can use bus lanes...................."

.................in reverse gear, of course.

I know these things................